Sunday 26 February 2012

My First Trip to Johor Premium Outlet (JPO)


After hearing so many good comments about JPO, I finally got a chance to make a trip down south to Johor Premium Outlet. We drove down there in our company car - a Nissan MPV with four of us in the car. I enjoyed myself as I got to drive (which I enjoyed more than being a passenger).


It was a good trip as the the traffic was not too bad and the weather was great. Hence, it only took us 3.5 hours (included a 10mins toilet break). Of course to do so, I kept the car speed consistently between 140 to 150km/h.


If you have not been there, just take the north-south highway and take the exit after Kulaijaya (I think it says Desaru somewhere on the exit signboard). JPO is only about 5 mins away.


For direction to JPO, click here


My first impression on JPO is .... It is not too far away (3.5 hours from Kuala Lumpur) and it looked pleasant. (Well, Genting Holding wouldn't put their money to waste). The brand mix is quite diversified. I saw a main brands under FJ Benjamin (GUESS, RAOUL, GAP, La Senza), Club21 (DKNY, CK), and majority of the stores under the umbrella of Valiram (Michael Kors, Coach, Tumi, Swiss Watch Gallery, Canali, Shanghai Tang, etc), Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and many more. Click here for JPO centre map


Top: A photo of COACH Factory 




I eagerly wanted to check out Burberry coz my colleague (who had been here in January) told me that the goods are cheap. (Gossip! Amber Chia apparently bought a few goodies during her last trip) Unfortunately, it was quite disappointing as nothing in the store caught my interest. The current collection available in store has too many spikes on the leather goods. (I don't like the rock star feel) My boss, on the other hand, was interested in a really nice shawl but we dropped chin when the store staff told us that the shawl originally cost $3,800 and the price after discount was $1,300. Isn't it super expensive?


The area is smaller than I imagined but it is brand new retail experience. Worth a visit if u are happen to be down south.


Top: A photo overlooking the banglo-like store that houses Zegna Outlet Store with Maybank at the side 
(for you to withdraw $ before your shopping spree =)
Bottom: GUESS Signage on the side of the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment