Wednesday 7 December 2011

B.A.L.I Urban Legend Myth: Breakup After Leave Island

My friends shared with me about this urban legend on Bali. How it started was when a friend of mine shared with us on her upcoming trip to Bali with her bf. She was then warned to change her destination to somewhere else.

Apparently, there is a myth saying that If ones go to Bali as a couple you won’t stay that way when you return. It happened to a few friends of theirs.

I did a bit of googling on it - this is what "happen" - Unmarried couples who frolic in the sand and surf will be cursed and break up when they come back from the trip according to this urban legend.

Well, believe it or not.... It is all up to you. The website I read recommended to take lots of pictures since all those might have soon are merely memories of the relationship.

Thank god the "curse" didn't affect me when we travelled to Bali this year. I was not only married but also heavily pregnant. Haha! I personally still prefer less developed and smaller island.


1 comment: